Wednesday, July 23, 2008

One of those days...

Ever have one of those days where you just can't get your head in it at all? Well today is that day for me. Not sure what the deal is. So excuse me if I seem a little off.


I have some files in the works, but not completed yet. So that means.. On to life...
So last night it rained and poured. When it rains in the desert then everything gets flooded. They shut down the roads in parts because people will drive through them and then get to a point where they have to do a swift water rescue. Last night my hubby got stuck about 2 miles from our house on one side of the water. after about an hour a few cars tried to go through and made it so he called me. So I got in the big 'ol truck and made way down there. Mind you it is full of trash right now because it is ready to take a load to the dump, but it is a diesel and old and I didn't want to potentially sink my Expedition. So headed on down and there are about 14 cars lined up with people standing all over and this wash (river) is a running. So I put it in 4 wheel drive and made my way through it. It wasn't deep and it was running but not uncontrollably. So we gave another lady a ride home on our way and made it home finally. We got up about 1030 and drove back down there to grab somethings out of the car on the other side because they were computers and we weren't comfortable in leaving them out there in the middle of the dark obviously stranded. So this morning the water is gone and their are cars parked all over the end of the road. It is always interesting.. When we pulled up to the wash my son said... LOOOK MOM. It's a RIVER. We need a BOAT. All the way home after we got Dad he talked about needing to get his fishing pole and go out with the boat. He is cute and gets super excited about things. Makes life fun.

Thank you again for all the emails! I really appreciate all your prayers.
Have a wonderful rest of the day!
Enjoy!
Chris

No comments:

**