Sunday, January 4, 2009

Starting QMC Files. Another Holiday Project.

Here are some of the files added to the QMC. These files will be coming to the store if you are not a QMC member.
This first balloons and hats borders are in honor of our BINGO game at the forum celebrating Birthdays of 2009 or at least getting you in the mood to get some cards ready. This file is not uploaded yet as I post this, but will be up shortly. See below for the files already loaded.

This file has been loaded to the QMC and the one below it has also been uploaded.


And next. Some more show and tell of my holiday gifts. We scaled back incredibly for Christmas so I used alot of what we had to make gifts and I have to say, I think, most liked these gifts more then anything else we gave.
So this is a gate fold vacation book of our trip in 2008 with the hubby's family. This is truly a hybrid project as I cut the shapes on my cutter, but printed all the images I worked in photoshop to make it easier to adhere them. It gave me the opportunity to make a huge collage for the back page and line up the images so everyone peaked out from behind the word vacation. Here are some of my details on it...
I used all the supplies I had on hand. This picture below is blurry but I am posting it because it showed the book more closed. The finished piece was 8.5x8.5 and folded open to reveal the middle beach pictures.

This is with the first set of numbers open from the middle. The pictures on the 0s were of our trip to Disneyland while there. I stamped some swirls on the numbers because I ran out of time to add photoshoped pictures on the back in the 8 shape. Below is with both open. I photoshopped all of the images from the beach onto one page and printed it out on photo paper to put in the back. Also the pictures on the left and right. I stacked them in the computer and printed them out and cut them in strips to use. Also when I was photoshopping I had the basic idea of how the letters in the vacation word would show peakaboos of people because I did a layer in photoshop with a similar font. When I went to print it I deleted the layer with the letters because I wanted to use these Glittery ones. (which mind you only had 1 capital A and 1 lower case A in the packet. RIDICULOUS . love my cutter)


Well this was for my Mother and Father in law and they both seemed to love it. I was happy to see them smile and it was fun to work on a different style "word book" I didnt bind the edges but scored them and glued them to the back. I wish I had taken a picture of the back to show how it overlapped and was glued. Next time I will know better. And if my In-laws are reading this I would love an email with the picture of the back. THank you!
That is it for me. So much to do this upcoming week! I wanted to post early and start the week right. Have a wonderful day and week! It's gonna be a great New Year!

Enjoy!




Chris Durnan, designer
The designer of the original QMC - aka Chris's Cutter File Club. Files available in SCUT GSD KNK WPC & AI. Multi-layered, Test Cut files. 20 plus files, but every membership so far has had 29 files for $10. Join today and get that icing on the cake of 9 extra files over 20 for $10.00
For more info . Don't miss out before it closes!

No comments:

**