Friday, August 28, 2009

Tidbits from this past week....

A week in review….

So this Friday I thought I would post some of the things that I have answered seen or done this week. Kinda of an incomplete list of nonsense… Enjoy!

New Software: Jing at http://www.jingproject.com/ LOVE IT! And Google Sketchup with a Sliceform Plugin. Do I have the time to figure out another software? Hm. It looks like fun.

Seen: A file by Lori that made me giggle, my son pull fly masks off horses by sitting on the bottom rail and saying “come here.. come here”, my beautiful niece giggle giggle giggle

A few sites I have perused during downtime:
http://www.hhugginsgirl.blogspot.com/ Just pure card inspiration!!
http://www.starfall.com/ a learning site for my son
http://7inchesfromthesun.blogspot.com/ a friends blog that is living in Chicago for a bit and my son is waiting for them to return

Quote:
“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.” – Thomas Jefferson

Questions I have answered this week:
From my son:
“Can I go to the library with you Mom?” “Absolutely”

From a member of the forum:
“Where can I find the designers in the store contact info?” http://www.visualdesignsbychris.com/contributors

From my hubby:
“What do you want for dinner?” “Steak with Salsa and a Margarita”

From a friend:
“How come you don’t play Farmville on Facebook?” “Um… I don’t play any of the games or accept most requests other then friends. I play with my cutter files instead. Kinda lonely maybe but very gratifying”

From a Cricut user:
"Can I open your SVG file in SCAL?" You can open my SVG in Inkscape or AI or any SVG program. I offer a SCUT file for SCAL. Which means I have broken the file down into manageable pieces and imported into SCAL. you just open it and cut. No monkeying around involved. If you want to Monkey however... You absolutely can! You can download a test file from the forum. I'd love to see what you come up with.

From a Designer at the VDBC store:
"Can I set up my own sale?" "Absolutely set your own sale in the store."

What do I hope to be crafty with this weekend?
I hope to finish a recipe swap I am signed up for in the forum. And maybe do some Iron on tshirts.

What didn’t I get done this week?
Finish my blog changes.. I just can’t decide what I want so it is a slow progress. Please excuse the dust. and the pile of laundry (that I am not apologizing for. I rode horse instead. Hahah. We can always buy more underwear and socks).

QMC File status?
Yes we have 2 more zips uploaded to 4shared and the forum and I will work on more this afternoon.

My hope….
My hope is that this weekend we spend lots of time together and lots of that time giggling. And we can give Grandma a big hug on Sunday. And I get the RV cleaned out so it can hit craigslist. (I am dreaming on this last one.)

This was fun. Time flies. Kinda fun to think about everything we did this week. What would your list looks like?

Have a wonderful weekend!
Enjoy!
Chris

Chris Durnan, designer at www.visualdesignsbychris.com
GSD KNK WPC AI SCUT files for your personal digital cutters for use with scrapbooking, cardmaking and other hobbies. Whatever your creative mind can come up with!

My files work on many machines. Some of them are: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo. Some of the software involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create & Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, Robomaster, DesignMaster and the list goes on..... Enjoy!


My freebies are posted in the forum.

No comments:

**