Monday, November 9, 2009

Made it through another weekend...

WARNING WARNING... Prepare for rambling ahead......

Wow what a weekend and now I am feeling like I might make it. This morning I woke up with some energy in my fingers. This is awesome! Two weeks of exhaustion is just something else. And to have my little one sick to... even more stressful. He and I are both making amends and moving forward in our holiday crafts, school, files for the QMC. a little bit of everything. I, also, this weekend covered my eyes and peaked out between my fingers at the calendar. OH MY GOODNESS! There is not much time to get it all organized and together. Why is it when you were little it took forever to get to the holidays and now it seems like I can't slam my heels down to put on the brakes and slow down the fast skid into the holidays. I have decided this year. I want to be more involved. Make more gifts. Make more fudge. Sing a few more songs, Decorate a few cookies and enjoy it a bit more. To really feel the spirit of the holidays and the religion of the holidays and our family. I sometimes am so overwhelmed by everything that is the holidays and the "to-do's" and on that day I am worn out and just don't enjoy it as much as I'd like to. This year I already am excited. I am looking forward to all the things.

In that vein, I have been working on holiday projects that I have been pre-blogging about for the holiday week when I want to spend more time with family. So over the holidays you will see my little projects that I am working on. So if I chat alot and you didn't get to see any pictures you will know why... It's a secret. The holiday gift giving secrets. My son is not so great about keeping the secrets of gifts, but he loves to try. His eyes sparkle and he giggles and he covers his mouth and scrunches up his shoulders and giggles and runs away. If you ask him... do you know what Dad is doing? Or getting? he will get into a fit of giggles and say "I can't tell you Mom. It's a secret." So then I will put on the pressure and say... " are you sure you don't want to tell me? I'm your Mom. you shouldn't keep secrets from me? come on? I want to know?" He will take off running with his mouth covered and gigggggling. I think that is the best part about the "secrets" watching a 5 year old try to keep them. When he slips up, he will get this look of panic like.. "did you hear me?" which I will ignore and pretend like I never heard it. And he will quiz me a little til he is satisfied I don't know. It is way more fun to let him keep his gift secrets and be able to tease him then to have him feel like he let the cat out of the bag. And for the real pressure... throw him down on the ground and tickle him and the proverbial "cat will be out of the bag" as he giggles and giggles at his holiday delights

yes this year I am looking forward to the holiday delights.

Here is my question for you out there as I work on my projects!!

What is the best way to apply glitter? I am applying to painted wood. And it is a pretty large area. So your help on that one...



also... We need to fill our planner swap and it needs to be signed up for by the 15th of November. We have one full and need a few more. It is a 6x6 one page has the Month decor on it and the other 6x6 has a calendar on it. The ladies coordinating it have also offered to use their bind-it-alls to put them together. Sandra who started the swap says she uses the pages after the year to make a scrapbook out of. The title pages come in pretty handy. So if you are looking for a project to give away that is handmade and has the help of 13 other ladies. Please jump on in and sign up quickly!.

We have been making a real effort in the forum to get those holiday gifts organized and together. We have been running recipe swaps to finish the book by the holidays.

As well as we have a shopping corner in the forum. Where you can post the deals you find on the internet. The Joann's Coupons, the Michael's coupons The Hasbro game sale coupons and rebates. Don't forget to check it out.

Enjoy!
Chris


Chris Durnan, designer at www.visualdesignsbychris.com
GSD KNK WPC AI SCUT files for your personal digital cutters for use with scrapbooking, cardmaking and other hobbies. Whatever your creative mind can come up with!

My files work on many machines. Some of them are: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo. Some of the software involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create & Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, Robomaster, DesignMaster and the list goes on..... Enjoy!


And our cutter file "freebies" are kept in the forum. We add to them as we can.

No comments:

**