Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New Traditions - Favorite Things

So last year we started a new tradition in our family. The favorite things. You know how sometimes there is something you find throughout the year You just think is the best. I love handmade soap. I have to be careful what I buy, but when I find the right stuff I love it. Anyways. I contributed that to our favorite things. Here is a picture of the ladies favorites things.
I have all of these things and use them and have all year. (sorry about the sideways pic) Our family friend Donnie have us the recipe to her yummy salad dressing and the fixings and squeezer and container to put it in. My Mom loves this yoga workout, a lottery ticket and white chocolate, My Aunt loves hearts so she gave us heart measuring spoons and she loves pictures so little picture frames for the fridge, my sister loves the tradition of knitting and crocheting and gave us the instructions and yarn to do our own, my cousin gave us a small candle from her favorite store where she goes to school, my Nan bought us each a candle.
And here we are all together. With our bright pink bags which each put our items in. It was so much fun to join in on. We missed the picture of the boys favorite things, but theirs was really cool to. This year I will have to remember to get that picture.
I love traditions and the nostalgia, but I also love new ideas to. I am the crazy lady who brings some new recipe every holiday. This favorite things was my new idea from last year. It was a lot of fun and everytime I use those items I think of my family members. Can't wait for this year.
Enjoy!
Chris


Chris Durnan, designer at www.visualdesignsbychris.com
GSD KNK WPC AI SCUT files for your personal digital cutters for use with scrapbooking, cardmaking and other hobbies. Whatever your creative mind can come up with!

My files work on many machines. Some of them are: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo. Some of the software involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create & Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, Robomaster, DesignMaster and the list goes on..... Enjoy!


And our cutter file "freebies" are kept in the forum. We add to them as we can.

No comments:

**