Friday, January 1, 2010

Random pics and projects from the holidays

This is a Christmas Eve picture. We celebrate after Church at my Mom's house. We have a tradition that we started last year. My idea! We exchange favorite things. Everyone brings their new favorite thing from the year and puts it in the bag. Then we all sit down and go through them one by one with the giver telling why it is their favorite thing. Mine was a lotion I found in California this last summer that is so fresh, clean and light that I buy it from Bath & Body Works now. As long with these little bling kits. I love to add extra embellishments to things. So this way the ladies can do the same. It is wonderful. And my Aunt's Contribution were these red apron's. We are all looking every which way and that is how we all are. No one in the family likes to be told what to do and we all like to be in Charge... So my goal when the camera comes out is just smile big at the camera and let the rest of them look every which way. So I just stood and smiled and waited for the camera to go off. Well I should also say Camerassss because in the world of digital We all don't share well either BUTTT we definitely play well together. Our bags were so full it was wonderful with some great goodies. The boys got into it this year to. I must say i might have to ransack some of the boys favorites from my Hubby's bag. Loved the toools. It was so much fun and we all just love eachother and being together. That is the important part.


I always get emails asking what else was in the bag. Here are some of the items. A peeler that you put on your finger to peel carrots and potatos (works awesome), socks with little treads in them and they are coated with aloe vera (they are sooo soft), a reindeer candle (he is so cute I will have to take a picture, these aprons, homemade bags from my sister (soooo handy), brownie recipe, cookie flipper, and lord I can't remember the rest there were many... But my mom gave use a cookie recipe that she has used every year. It is from a cookbook for Cystic Fibrosis (sp?) that my family purchased when I was little in support of research for CF. Why did they buy it? because I was little and cranky and not growing well and everything and they thought I had CF. So now that recipe has been in our family forever and it's reason behind it has been handed down to us. Also, my Mom gave us a small box of see's candy. My grandfather used to get these all the time. We sure miss my grandfather. My friend Lori made us all pins with my grandfather's picture to wear. white remembrance pins. It is beautiful. I will share it in another post. Really just wonderful time. Well that's my ramblings...

And on the note of family..I made these super easy magnetized letters for my MIL's fridge. the red really pops on the black fridge. These pictures are one of my sons favorites at Grandma's. He can stand there and look at it for hours. I had a copy of that blue picture of him, but I don't know where it is. i will have to ask my FIL if I can have it. It is a great picture.


I better run... Have a Happy New Year day!
Enjoy!
Chris



Chris Durnan, designer at www.visualdesignsbychris.com
GSD KNK WPC AI SCUT files for your personal digital cutters for use with scrapbooking, cardmaking and other hobbies. Whatever your creative mind can come up with!

My files work on many machines. Some of them are: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo. Some of the software involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create & Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, Robomaster, DesignMaster and the list goes on..... Enjoy!


And our cutter file "freebies" are kept in the forum. We add to them as we can.

No comments:

**