Monday, March 1, 2010

I am home...Wow!

What a fantastic weekend!  I attend a Klic-n-Kut Retreat hosted by Lynn K and instructed by Sandy McCauley of http://www.iloveknk.com/ I learned tons. And had tons and tons of fun. It couldn't have been better.
Lynn K. the coordinator provided a very smooth and fun event with lots of unbelieveable take homes. you should see this bag she handmade for everyone with a tutorial on how to apply the many layers of vinyl on it and so much more. And Judy had these phenomenal cupcakes in a cupcake tree with a handmade clay cactus. This cactus was cut on her machine even! Just awesome. I so wish I had gotten a picture of the cupcake tree before we started winning all the pieces.

I, also, met Lynn C from Silhouette Users, Jen the Hacker, Barbie, Kathy P., Chris G, Susan, Helen, Cindy, Polsia... and more and more ... All of them were so much fun and such a joy to chat with and just have a good time.

And Sandy ran demos and classes from start to finish all day and all night. I couldn't soak up the info quick enough. I tried, but thank goodness there was a manual and class notes provided so I can refer to it.

And to wrap it all up this high energy power packed lady walked in and took over the end of the retreat it was Barbee the owner of Etch-All. A spit fire of a lady with two great helpers and a few projects for use to work on with the Etching Cream. She inspired me.

A high note for me. My hubby finished his work and was able to come up and hang out at the hotel and do a little shopping with my kiddo. He came down on Saturday night to the retreat when we all were done and was eyeing that KNKMAXXXXX 24 inch. Which just made my heart sing! hahaha. we shall see but it was fun to show him up front a close a group of people who truly enjoy what they are doing and learning and all the fantastic samples Sandy had to share. 

My hubby also took me to dinner with the kiddo on Saturday night while the gang at the retreat had pasta we went to Picazzo and had gluten free Pizza. So yum yum. I even took a gluten free cookie back to the retreat.

All in all it was a jam packed and exciting weekend. I should have pictures coming my way from those who took them. and I have pictures of my own to download and post. So as soon as I get them I will share them here with you. And also pictures of my wonderful goodies and more!

Thank you again to Lynn K. And Sandy McCauley. Words cannot express how the weekend rejuvenated me and excited me about what I do. Their extra touches, planning and efforts just made it phenomenal!

Enjoy!
Chris

Chris Durnan, designer at www.visualdesignsbychris.com
GSD KNK WPC AI SCUT files for your personal digital cutters for use with scrapbooking, cardmaking and other hobbies. Whatever your creative mind can come up with!


My files work on many machines. Some of them are: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo. Some of the software involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create & Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, Robomaster, DesignMaster and the list goes on..... Enjoy!




And our cutter file "freebies" are kept in the forum. We add to them as we can.

No comments:

**