Saturday, October 29, 2011

Santa Card by Kelly S.

Today is my day to be on the Card a Day Blog. So I am posting a holiday card for you to enjoy. I recently put out a call for any one who wanted to help me with a special project and that was Holiday Cards. I was not disappointed at all. I was very excited as all the Holiday Cards kept coming in and the requests to join the SPCT. Thank you to everyone who applied!

I chose this holiday card as they were made for me by Kelly. Kelly is going through a rough lot in life as she has just recently lost her husband. She has a young son. and the two of them are on their way in life surrounded by family and friends and all of us on the VDBC forum as we cheer her on whenever she can craft or come by the forum to "see us". Such a quick loss and at a young age is so devastating and I know we are all saying prayers for her. (If you have any kind words to send her, I am quite sure she could use them. I know we crafters are a supportive bunch!)
Kelly whipped up this card and many more for me when I put out the Special Projects CT request. and here they are. Just beautiful!!! Thank you Kelly!!!!!! I post them with honor and gratitude! Also, I am in awe of Kelly's strength and courage to tackle life and continue forward. We are thinking of you every day! May love and memories surround her and keep her warm.

I have lots of holiday cards to share. So come back and see the inspiration over the next two months! Just beautiful.

Enjoy!
Chris
Here are Kelly's notes on her card she created.

Santa Claus Card


This card features 2 files from Chris, Milk & Cookies Santa (CD00381) and Better Watch Out (CDStamp001). For the background I used a piece of printed vellum I found at my local dollar store on top of a piece of green cardstock. The 2 layers are attached using snowflake and tree brads. I added Glossy Accents to Santa's boots and Sparkly Fluff to the hat and mitten cuffs. I added pen stitching around Santa's body and drew in a belt for him. I used 2 blue gems for him eyes. The digital stamp was printed out on plain white paper and then I added 2 layers of glittery clear embossing powder. It didn't photograph as well as I hoped, but it looks really cool in person.





The files in the store.... I am running a special if you buy the Milk  & Cookies Santa below. you will also get the digistamp below that for free. Load them both into the cart in the store and login to the store it will show you in the cart that the stamp is free. Thank you!
This file is offered in SVG, KNK, GSD, AI, WPC, DXF

The digital file.


Don't forget you have to load them both in the cart together! to get the offer! Enjoy!

Offer Good through Nov 4th, 2011



To get quick fun updates of things going on, you can join my facebook page.
My files in the store can be located here. Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

**