Friday, May 18, 2012

Cub Camp Visor - HTV project


First let me apologize if this comes over twice. My phone has had a pending post on my blogger app for about three days and well I decided to quit waiting for it and redo it. I am bummed that the blogger app doesn't work as well as I'd like because
I'd like to sit in the evenings and do my blog posts. So I am on the look for something new in that venue.

But on to my Cub Camp Visor.

Cub Camp is coming up and I like to wear visors that go completely around in the back. These are harder to find then I thought they would be. When it is 110 outside having a visor hold your hair up off your neck is just a little reprieve from the heat. I wanted a blue visor I could wear to match my Class B Pack uniform and so I made this visor out of heat transfer vinyl (the same as the shirts I made) and some bling I picked up at a retreat with Sandy McCauley. It was fun to do. I ironed the HTV on  to the visor and it was alot easier then I thought it would be with the curve. I actually ironed over the stitching and it stuck well. I didn't want to go over the stitches, but there wasn't another way to do it. The bling was a little crazier, but it worked. I freehand placed them and used my Jolee tool to heat set them.  I am thinking about getting another and doing a red white and blue version maybe. We shall see. I just know it will be nice to have something that matches for camp, but will be easy to wear otherwise as well. Hope you like and have a wonderful day!
Enjoy!
Chris

To get quick fun updates of things going on, you can join my facebook page.

My files in the store can be located here. Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

**