Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day Breakfast

For Father's Day I searched and searched for something to make that was different. On Saturday I saw a post on fbook mentioning a deep dish blueberry pancake. Perfect. I just got a case of blueberries from Bountiful Baskets to freeze for use throughout the year. (I love frozen blueberries in smoothies, replacing an ice cream fix, etc etc. ) So I made this recipe  for Deep Dish Blueberry Pancakes on the Temp-tations website. I converted it by replacing the flour with Pamela's baking mix. all the same ingredients but that one switcheroo so I could have some. This is always a risk sometimes it doesn't work out. However, Pamela's is my best choice when trying it.

So here is the final in my not so deep dish because gluten free flour never seems to rise as much. I got these lovely baking dishes from my MIL for Christmas. There are three. They are so pretty and clean up easy. So here it is baked out of the oven.


Here it is on the plate with eggs. And powdered sugar on top.


My son and husband cleaned their plates. My son thought it was worth the thumbs up. 




My personal thoughts don't count really because I am not a pancake eating fan anyways. I ate the edges of my piece where it was more cakey then battery. My husband said it kinda was like a souffle. This was his first deep dish pancake. The description said fluffy and eggy... yep.. I think that was a good description. All in all the guys were happy... this means I was happy.

Hope you tried something new this week! I'd love to hear about any new recipes you think were worth repeating.

Enjoy!
Chris



To get quick fun updates of things going on, you can join my facebook page.

My files in the store can be located here. Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

This sounds and looks delicious :)

**