Thursday, October 3, 2013

Cheddar Biscuits for camp


We had to make some rolls or biscuits for camp. So in discussions my D decided we should really make those Cheddar Biscuits from Red Lobster. so Pinterest to the rescue and we began. 
We chose a recipe with Bisquick in it because the ingredient list was mostly what we already had 


We needed to melt butter and used our Pampered Chef measuring cup. I love this cup for D in the kitchen. The handle doesn't get hot like our glass measuring one does. And it is not wise to put the metal measuring cups in the microwave. 

We went with small biscuits because he needed to bring a bunch. 

And this is what happens to the top of a box when you ask a 9 year old to open it. Yikes. or Demolish it. 


And here were our biscuits. I was told they were delicious!! and when could we make more. they browned quick with the butter brushed on them. 

And I would give you the recipe, but I barely followed it because it just seemed crazy with instruction and we stopped following it after the first batch. 

It is on my Pinterest board if you want to look through them. I can't control the oven temperature well in our oven so the dropping the temp and increasing the temp and dropping was annoying. 

Next time we shall try the Gluten free version. :-) 

Enjoy!
Chris

No comments:

**